Sarabara is actively seeking a motivated, passionate Web developer with deep knowledge of front-end AND back-end development, who is eager to continually learn and face new challenges. The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the WordPress realm and uses front-end frameworks such as React, and who is knowledgeable about the most recent related technologies & best-practices. The candidate will work closely with a talented and young team of developers and designers.
Skills and Requirements
• Deep experience in both back-end and front-end web app development. (2+ years)
• In-depth understanding of OOP.
• You write re-usable, extendable and neat code, with proper usage of comments and documentation.
• You always have security considerations (at all tiers of the application)
• Working knowledge of modern SEO techniques, particularly SPA and CMS on-page SEO.
• You are familiar with asynchronous and progressive page and asset loading methods
• Deep understanding of RESTful Web Service technologies such as JSON
• Strong knowledge of PHP best-practice techniques
• Strong experience in agile PHP application development
• Working experience with at least one PHP MVC framework (e.g. Laravel, Zend, Symfony etc.)
• Experience developing REST APIs
• Working knowledge of MySQL & MariaDB database structure and queries
• 1+ year experience building custom WordPress themes and plugins
• Expert knowledge of the overall structure of code within WordPress and the Plugin API, CPT, Taxonomies, template hierarchy etc.
• Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce REST API
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently
• B.S. degree in a software related field such as computer science, software engineering, IT, website development or equivalent practical experience.
• Advanced English (especially in reading and listening skills)
Big plus if you have:
• Working knowledge or experience developing on Magento CMS.
• Experience with version control systems, particularly Git
• Experience in developing smartphone apps, particularly React Native
• Working knowledge of Bootstrap
• Proficiency and passion for building simple and effective user experience
• Accomplished a notable SEO goal
• Working knowledge of Typescript
• Experience in PHP unit testing (e.g. PHPUnit framework)
• Experience in other back-end languages such as Python, Java, Node.js
• Understanding of web architecture, including HTTP servers, DNS routing etc.
• Experience with server administration and setting up hosting environments on various VPS and dedicated servers.
What We Offer
• An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life with a fun, young and dedicated team
• A fast-paced, growing company
• Competitive pay and benefits
• Employees with a wide variety of interests
• Easy access to our office via public transportation